This item is a special order product. Please allow at least 3 business days for us to order and dispatch your order for this item for you.
- A powdered milk replacer suitable for rearing all kinds of animals.
- The formula is 95% lactose free.
- Contains easily digestible glucose and galactose
- 60% of the included protein is from whey protein
Suitable for use as:
- Low lactose milk replacement for orphaned and early weaned animals
- General supplement for extra nutrition for older animals during pregnancy and lactation
- It is important that all orphaned animals be fed colostrum for the first few days after birth. This provides them with the essential antibodies they need to fend off disease
- If the young animal you are raising has not had colostrum, please ensure that you also check with your vet if this formula is suitable for the young animal you are rearing
- It is important to store the opened product in a sealed, dry container in a cool location
- The product is best if used within one month of opening
Di-Vetelact is a low lactose milk supplement for orphan and early weaned animals.
For older animals, Di-Vetelact can be used in powder or liquid form as a general supplement and offers excellent extra nutrition during pregnancy and lactation.
Ingredients: Lactose hydrolysed skim and whole milk solids, dried vegetable oils, dextrose, dried glucose solids, casinates, lecithin, minerals, taurine, vitamins, mixed tocopherols and emulsifiers. DiVetelact has its lactose enzymically converted to easily digested glucose and galactose. It is 95% lactose free.
Dilution A: 1 scoop DiVetelact to 60mL warm water. For 1 litre, 135g (15 scoops) DiVetelact to 900mL warm water gives 2800kJ.
Dilution B: 1 scoop DiVetelact to 40mL warm water. For 1 litre, 200g (22 scoops) DiVetelact to 850mL warm water gives 4200kJ.
Foals, calves, kids & fawns - feed Dilution A and do not increase concentration.
Lambs, native animals, rabbits, kittens, piglets & pups - start on Dilution A and gradually increase to Dilution B over 1 week as the animal tolerates DiVetelact.
Orphan or Early Weaned Animals:
Start volume at Dilution A. The table below should be used as a guide. Usually the animal will take as much as it needs.
|Total Daily Feed Volume||30mL||60mL||150mL||300mL||1L||1.6L||2.8L||5.4L||9L|
Equipment: All utensils should be clean before use. Animals should be fed colostrum for the first few days if possible.
Divide the calculated feed volume into the number of feeds per day shown below:
Feeds per day for the first week of life
|Foals||Feed at 2-3 hourly intervals|
|Lambs, Calves, Kids||2-3 feeds per day|
|Pups, Kittens, Fawns||4 feeds per day|
|Piglets||4 feeds per day of 100mL each|
|Furred Native Animals||4 feeds per day|
|Furless Native Animals||6 feeds per day|
Storage: Sealed container should be stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, keep sealed when not in use. For best results, use within 1 month of opening.