Dimmitrol heartworm tablets are an effective anthelmintic that prevents heartworm disease, treats lungworms and roundworms in dogs. The tablets are given daily and are suitable for all breeds of dogs. These daily tablets containing Diethylcarbamazine are ideal for pets that are sensitive to any of the monthly heartworm preventives.
Get your pet tested for existing heartworms prior to starting the treatment. If it gives a negative result for heartworm microfilaria then start administering Dimmitrol tablet.
The ideal dosage of Diethylcarbamazine for the prevention of heartworm disease is 5.5 mg per kg bodyweight. The dosage would vary in accordance with the bodyweight of the pet.
Dimmitrol tablets are available in 3 sizes:
- Dimmitrol Heartworm Tablet 50mg for dogs up to 9 kg (small dogs)
- Dimmitrol Heartworm Tablets 200 mg for dogs 9 to 36 kg (medium dogs)
- Dimmitrol Heartworm Tablets 400mg for dogs 36 - 72 kg (large dogs)
Administer as per the weight of the pet. Consult a vet for further details.
- Easy to administer oral treatment
- Treats multiple worms including heartworms, roundworms and lungworms
- Prevents heartworm disease in dogs
- Suitable for breeds that are sensitive to any of the monthly heartworm preventives
- Suitable for small, medium and large dogs
- Get your pet tested for existing heartworm infection. Otherwise, anaphylactic shock may be observed in the pet.
- Keep away from children, pets and food items
- Wash hands after administering the tablets
- Follow label instructions for details of administration, expiry and precautions
- Consult a vet before and after the treatment
There are no known contraindications of Dimmitrol tablets for dogs
- Please seek advice from your veterinarian regarding heartworm testing PRIOR to using this product if:
- your pet is older than 8 weeks of age when you start using this product OR
- one of the monthly doses is missed or is late by more than 1 week.