Equest Plus Tape Wormer Gel
Suitable for: Horses as part of a regular parasite control program.
Zoetis has developed a comprehensive range of safe and effective products for horse owners and veterinarians. Whether horses are your passion, business, or both, Zoetis has the product range to be the source of all your horse needs.
Equest Plus Tape Gel is a broad-spectrum worming gel for horses that is effective against all susceptible internal parasites, including tapeworm, roundworms and bot species. This mectin-based wormer combines two active compounds, Moxidectin and Praziquantel in a unique gel formulation that rapidly dissolves on the tongue, aiding administration and compliance. The Equest Plus Tape gel is also the only horse wormer effective as a single dose against encysted (hibernating) stages of small strongyles. For a full list of parasites covered, please see below.
- Broad-spectrum worming paste for horses, including tapeworms
- Unique gel formulation dissolves rapidly on the tongue
- Low dose volume
- Dial-up syringe
- Long acting meaning fewer treatments per year - re-treatent recommended after 14-16 weeks
- Safe for pregnant mares, breeding stallions and foals over 4 weeks of age
Directions for use: Follow all dosing instructions on the side of the pack. Advance the plunger as far as it will go, press the plunger to the chosen dosage, depositing the medication on the rear of the tongue. Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing to ensure the full dose has been swallowed.
Equest Plus Tape gel is up to 100% effective in treating all major internal parasites in horses including:
- Tapeworm (Anoplocephala perfoliata and Paranoplocephala mamillana)
- Large strongyles (Strongylus vulgaris, Strongylus edentatus, Strongylus equinus and Triodontophorus spp.)
- Small strongyles including benzimidazole resistant strains (Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicodontophorus spp., Gyalocephalus spp.)
- Ascarids (Parascaris equorum)
- Pinworms (Oxyuris equi)
- Hairworms (Trichostrongylus axei)
- Large mouthed stomach worms (Habronema muscae)
- Intestinal threadworms (Strongyloides westeri)
- All three species of tapeworms (Anoplocephala perfoliata, Anoplocephala magna, Paranoplocephala mammillana)
- Stomach Bots (Gasterophilus spp.)
- Also controls skin lesions caused by Onchocerca spp. (cutaneous onchocerciasis)