Equimax Wormer Paste
Suitable for: Horses as part of a regular parasite control program.
Founded in 1968 by a veterinarian by the name of Pierre-Richard Dick, Virbac is dedicated exclusively to animal health, formulating a range of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and a wide range of pet care products for horses, dogs and cats.
Equimax Paste is a broad-spectrum worming paste for horses that is effective against all susceptible internal parasites, including all three species of tapeworm and all three species of bots. This mectin-based wormer combines two active compounds, Abamectin and Praziquantel in a palatable oatmeal flavoured paste that is suitable for horses of ages. For a full list of parasites covered, please see below.
- Broad-spectrum worming paste for horses, including tapeworms
- Palatable oatmeal flavoured paste
- Safe to use in all horses, including foals, pregnant mares and breeding stallions
- Made in Australia
Directions for use: Administer orally at the recommended dose of 1mL / 20kg bodyweight (5mL per 100kg). Insert the syringe into the side of the horses mouth in the gap between the front and back teeth. Advance the plunger as far as it will go, press the plunger to the chosen dosage, depositing the medication on the rear of the tongue. Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing to ensure the full dose has been swallowed. Each syringe treats a horse up to 700kg.
Equimax Paste is up to 100% effective in treating all major internal parasites in horses including:
- Large strongyles (Strongylus vulgaris, Strongylus edentatus, Strongylus equinus and Triodontophorus spp.)
- Small strongyles including benzimidazole resistant strains (Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicodontophorus spp., Gyalocephalus spp.)
- Ascarids (Parascaris equorum)
- Pinworms (Oxyuris equi)
- Hairworms (Trichostrongylus axei)
- Large mouthed stomach worms (Habronema muscae)
- Lungworms (Dictyocaulus arnfieldi)
- Neck and intestinal threadworms (Onchocerca spp., Strongyloides westeri)
- All three species of tapeworms (Anoplocephala perfoliata, Anoplocephala magna, Paranoplocephala mammillana)
- All three species of bots (Gasterophilus spp.)
- Also controls skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp, and cutaneous larvae (summer sores) by Onchocerca spp.