Equivac® TAT is used in the prevention and treatment of tetanus in horses and can also be used in dogs, sheep, cattle and pigs. The minimum required dose should protect the animal if it is administered within hours of an injury occurring. For prolonged protection, however, a horse should be actively immunised using Equivac® T or Equivac® 2 in 1 on a regular basis.
- For treatment and prevention of tetanus in horse, cattle, dogs, sheep and pigs
- Provides (rapid) protection against tetanus following a wound
- Very high level of purity and safety
- Available in pre-filled single dose syringes or a 10mL multidose vial
- Convenient product packaging for easy transport and storage
Equivac® TAT Vaccine comes in a pre-filled single dose syringe or a 10mL multi-dose vial
Dosage and Administration
For the prevention of tetanus, in horse and foals, no less than 1500IU (1mL) should be given. Give subcutaneously after clipping the hair and disinfecting the skin.
*When commencing a routine vaccination program on an adult horse or horses with an unknown vaccination record, use the Equivac® 2 in 1 vaccination of three initial doses two weeks apart, followed by an annual booster dose.
- Store at 2°-8°C (refrigerate)