Excenel® RTU EZ is a Ready-to-use formulation containing Ceftiofur hydrochloride
Used as directed, Excenel® RTU EZ:
- is fast and effective - establishes therapeutic concentrations in as little as 1 hour
- reduces fever without suppressing appetite - cattle stay on feed and keep gaining
- controls all three of the major bacterial pathogens involved with BRD
- is potent against BRD pathogens
- is bactericidal - an important consideration for immunosuppressed cattle
- is ready to use - no refrigeration or reconstitution required
- gets to the site of infection - 90% of the drug is bound to proteins in the plasma and tissues
- gives you treatment flexibility - subcutaneous (SC) or intramuscular (IM) injection - SC injection offers reduced need for carcass trim and greater overall beef quality.
- lets you stay in control with treatment duration options (3-5 days)
- has a 3 day meat withdrawal for greater flexibility
Excenel® RTU EZ Antibiotic Suspension is approved for:
Treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD, pneumonia) associated with Mannheimia spp, (Pasteurella haemolytica), Pasteurella multocida and Haemophilus somnus.
Administer by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection at the dosage of 1.0mg/kg or 2mL/100kg of body weight every 24 hours for 3 days. Additional treatments may be administered on days 4 & 5 for animals which do not show a satisfactory response after the initial 3 treatments.
Excenel® RTU EZ is available in 100mL vials (50mg/mL) and is supplied on prescription through veterinarians.
Do not use less than 6 days before slaughter for human consumption.