A Feliway diffuser can help your cat to deal with new or stressful situations. This can be anything from trips to the vets or a new home environment. cats exhibit certain behaviour such as scratching, meowing, toileting inside and shying away from contact.
Whilst a certain amount of apprehension is normal during a stressful environment, extreme anxiety can have a negative effect on your cat. Moving house or a fear of fireworks and thunder can lead to a cat with fearful aggression or anxiety. Feliway uses a synthetic form of the feline facial pheromone, which has a calming affect on cats.
The feline facial pheromone is a scent (undetectable to humans) that signals to cats that an area/territory is safe.
How to use the pheromone diffuser for cats
- Plug in the diffuser in the room where your cat spends most of their time.
- The pheromone will be diffused through the room.
- Replace the vial with a refill after 4 weeks.
- Settling a cat into a new home
- Litterbox training
- Trips to the vet
- Separation problems
- Fears like thunder and fireworks