Hills Prescription Diet Y/D Thyroid Care is a dry food formulated for cats to manage thyroid health. Y/D Thyroid Care is clinically proven to improve thyroid health within 3 weeks when fed as the sole source of nutrition. The thyroid gland contributes to functioning of your cat’s metabolism, body temperature, blood pressure, heart rate and gastrointestinal function. An overactive thyroid gland is a common disorder in cats over 10 years of age.
Signs of Thyroid Disease:
- Weight loss
- Increased appetite
- Diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- Increased thirst
- Poor skin and coat condition
Hills Y/D Thyroid Care is a dry food that has been formulated by veterinarians and nutritionists to support your cat’s thyroid health by limiting iodine which is needed for thyroid hormone production. This prescription diet is a complete and balanced food that meets all of your cat’s nutritional needs and must be fed exclusively to improve thyroid health.
- Limited iodine decreases thyroid hormone production
- Supports kidney health with controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Promotes bladder health with controlled minerals & desirable urine pH
- Supports heart health with essential nutrients taurine & L-carnitine
- High levels of omega-3 and -6 fatty acids for healthy skin & coat
- Clinically proven antioxidants to support a healthy immune system
- Meets the nutritional needs of adult cats & when fed exclusively will improve thyroid health