For the control of all common gastrointestinal worms in cats
- Roundworm (Toxocara spp, Toxascaris leonina)
- Hookworm (Ancylostoma spp, Unicinaria stenocephala)
- Tapeworm (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp)
- Do not use in kittens under 2 weeks of age
- Studies on the use of this product with pregnant queens has not been done – use of this product with pregnant queens should be carefully considered
- Should not be used in animals allergic to the ingredients
- Product does not prevent heartworm.
1 tablet treats up to 5 kg of cat bodyweight
Up to 2.5 kg
2.5 – 5 kg
Over 5 kg
Dose by weight with the appropriate combination of tablets
- Give an individual measured dose at 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks of age.
- After 3 months of age, give an individual measured dose every month until 6 months old
- Then dose every 3 months through the entire life of the adult cat.
- Paragard may be combined with other treatments for example heartworm prevention, flea and tick treatments, vaccination.
Directions for Use
- Weigh cats before dosing
- Fasting prior to dosing is not necessary – can be given with or without food
- Give an individual measured dose, by mouth, to each cat
- Cats become reinfested with worms from larvae and eggs in their living environment, so dosing will need to be repeated through the entire life of the cat.
- If worm problems persist, consult a veterinarian.
Each tablet contains:
- Praziquantel 25mg
- Oxibendazole 112.5mg