For use in dogs for the treatment of superficial dermatitis associated with Malassezia pachydermatis infections and as an aid in the treatment of superficial dermatitis associated with Staphylococcus intermedius.
- Chlorhexidine Shampoo with Spherulites for dogs
- PyodermS Chlorhexidine shampoo for dogs promotes the healing and hydration of superficial dermatitis associated with bacterial or fungal infections
- For fungal skin conditions caused by Malassezia that has an associated seborrhoea & also as an aid in treating fungal overgrowth involving Microsporum ssp. And Trichophyton spp.
- Contains Spherulites which encapsulate the active ingredients and help them to remain on the skin after shampooing, releasing them over time
- Ideal for dogs that require frequent and long term medicated shampooing
- Non-ionic Spherulites- These spherulites diffuse into the cells of the epidermis carrying the active ingredient (Chlorhexidine).
- Chlorhexidine- Chlorhexidine is a potent antibacterial. It has a non-specific mode of action- it binds to the negatively charge surface of bacteria and fungi and depending on its’ concentration, exerts either a bactericidal, fungicidal or bacteriostatic effect. It is highly effective against Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Malassezia pachydermatitis.
- Broad spectrum anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects
- Cleanses and removes crusts, scales, and debris from the skin
- Helps remove odour associated with skin infections
- Will not cause scaling and drying of the coat and skin like some medicated shampoos
- Used in conjunction with systemic treatments, allows for significant improvement of reoccurring skin infections
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin
- Wear gloves when using the product
- If product gets in eyes, wash it out immediately with water
- Wash hands after use