- Identify natural FIV infection regardless the FIV vaccination status.
- Patented RIM® technology.
- Simple 2 step process with easy to read colour change result.
- Quality European manufacturing.
- Anticoagulated whole blood (EDTA, Heparin), serum or plasma as sample.
- Storage and testing at room temperature.
- No additional equipment required.
- Rapid Immuno-Migration (RIM) Assay for detection of Feline Leukaemia Virus antigen and Feline Immunodeficicency antibody.
- Point-of-Care test with results in 10 minutes or less.
Recommendations for use:
- Concomitant testing for FeLV and FIV:
- Diagnosis of infection with Feline Leukaemia Virus.
- Screening of cats and kittens for FeLV infection prior to vaccination.
- Diagnosis of Feline Immunodeficiency Virus infection in sick cats or cats at risk of exposure.
- Screening of cats over 6 months of age for FIV prior to vaccination.
- Screening of cats of unknown history prior to adoption.
- 10 tests per kit.
Refer to Witness FIV and Witness FeLV
- Positive test results should be confirmed using alternative testing technology especially in areas of low prevalence or cats with low risk profiles.
- Negative test results in cats with a high risk of infection should be confirmed with a second test 60 days later.
- Kittens may be tested at any age.
- Vaccination or maternally derived antibodies do not influence results.
- FIV antibody can be passed from an infected or vaccinated queen to kitten and may result in false positive tests in the kitten until 6 months of age.
- FIV vaccination will result in false positive test results once seroconversion has occurred.
- Cats can be tested for FeLV or FIV separately with Witness FeLV and Witness FIV tests.
Store at 2-25°C.