- Designed for newborn mammals as a colostrum replacement or for marsupial joeys as an adjunct to milk replacer formulas
- A food supplement from bovine colostrum powder, with added lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase, whey protein, omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
- Bovine colostrum provides immunity against a wide range of pathogens that are present in the environment (eg rotavirus, which can cause acute diarrhoea). As these pathogens are common to most animal species, bovine colostrum has been successfully used to improve the immune response in a diverse range of newborn mammals
- Colostrum is the first milk produced after birth. It is high in protein, much of which is immunoglobulin. Immunoglobulins provide immunity against pathogenic micro-organisms such as bacteria and viruses.
- Most animals are born without immunity and initially acquire their immunoglobins from colostrum.
- Newborns that don’t receive colostrum have a weakened immune system and increased risk of infection and mortality
- Feed Impact to newborn animals within the first 48 hours
- Feed to marsupial joeys as an adjunct to milk until weaned